Sunday, July 1, 2012

Patterns, patterns, patterns.

Tomorrow I am packaging my designs and posting to a freelance pattern maker. She is going to do the digital grading and make the original patterns which will then be used for the production of my line. Once this is done I can take the patterns to a sample maker to get my first round of samples made. My sample size will be a size 4-5 as this will work in nicely for my daughter Olivia to fit them. I am planning on using her to fit, amend, tug and pull. I am sure a few bribes will be necessary once she gets over the initial excitement.

Making the samples is so important and crucial to the final garment being perfect. This is what my overseas makers will be using as their only guide. Perfection is the key and being a graphic designer I am a little anal when it comes to getting it right. Second best doesn't cut it for me when it comes to design. Cooking, writing, exercising maybe.




















This is what patterns used to look like...














and this is the digital version of a pattern.

This is what I will do as it will be a lot easier to get things off shore to be made.

Now this is all very new to me but I have spoken to a lot of people and read a lot so it goes to show that if you want to do something anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Any tips???

No comments: