Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Branding your blog and your business

I will be going to this...perfect timing. thought I would share it 
although it has nothing to do with by post.














































did that get your attention? he does have a strong brand identity as it happens


Invest in your brand—with money, time, and creativity



what is a brand and how do you create one? Basically this is an easy one to answer... a brand is anything that differentiates you and your business from everyone else. It says who you are, what you do and in some ways how you do it.

A brand is so much more than a logo.

I recently read this article at pro-blogger
http://www.problogger.net/archives/2012/11/21/branding-your-blog-youre-doing-it-all-wrong/

I love the tip about going to Starbucks and having a coffee if all you have is $5 to spend on a logo. (this is a bit of fun) Have a read as there are some real juicy bits to this article.

As a designer and owner of a creative agency it does my head in when companies come to us wanting a logo but not willing to pay for the strategy, research and thought that goes into designing a logo. A lot of companies believe that it is 'just' a picture. A logo is the beginning stages of creating your brand, it should simply sum up what you plan to deliver and promise.

If your logo looks unprofessional, cheap and not polished then that is the message that is going out there for all the world to see and once your name is attached to this then it is hard to gain back the credibility. Creating your identity is every bit as important as creating your product.

So be careful and do it right the first time, save money somewhere else is my advice.  Any successful blog or business pays a lot of attention, time and money to this most vital step. It is an investment into the life of your new venture. Do it right and you have a much greater chance of success.

I know I go on about this. See my previous post. But I strongly believe in it.
 http://loopylu-loopylu.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/whats-in-brand.html

my logo... my brand message is quality, cost effective children's clothes sold online







No comments: